Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mothers Day

I Wish a Very Happy Mothers Day to all the Wonderful Mothers in my Life!

To all my sisters I want you to know how much admire and look up to each of you. You have all raised such amazing children and I wish I could always be around them. I am so thankful to have three examples of amazing families so close to me. I love you all!





And to my Mom I would like to give a special shout out.


What I love about you...
-Your drive and passion for life inspires me. You are always getting what you want out of life and encouraging me to do the same. You have never made me feel like I couldn't accomplish something that I really put my heart into.
-You have so many talents. Musical, ability to teach, flawless design taste, artistic, knowledge on many different things, gardening, and cooking just to name a few.
-You have a magnetic personality. I haven't told you this but My friend Dana loves you. You met her for maybe five minutes, but in those five minutes you made a huge impression on her. I think you gave her a hug and told her she was welcome to come to Park City and stay with you and Dad anytime. You were just being yourself but Dana was amazed by your kindness. This is just one example of many where people want to be around you because you make them feel comfortable.
-You have laid a solid foundation for our family and continue to help us all build strong upon that foundation.
-You do so many things to help our whole family get together. And you are always going here and there to visit each of us. This makes the distance between us all seem a little shorter.
-You let Jenni and I just be weird. Not to go into too much detail but you are pretty good at being weird too. I will never forget that night we spent laughing, dancing, singing and talking on my apartment floor here in New York.
-You made five years living at home with you and dad when my siblings were gone and graduated relatively painless. In fact I am thankful for those years. I think we got to know each other really well. Not that we didn't already.
-You are spontaneous. One of my most favorite memories is when You Dad and I went out snowshoeing at night. We couldn't let freshly fallen snow and a full moon go unnoticed.
-Some of the best decisions that I have made in my life, I made because I had the sense to take your advice... thankfully. You are always in tune. I owe my trip to Europe to you. You came to me with the idea of getting out and exploring the world like I always wanted at a time when I could feel my perspective on what life had to offer narrowing. It was the jump start I needed.
I really could go on forever, I am not just saying that. You are an amazing example to me. People already tell me that I am a lot like you. I think that is one of the greatest compliments someone could give me. Thank you for making life truly enjoyable. I love you!


3 comments:

Jenni said...

This post brought tears to my eyes. I love what you said about Mom, all very true things and you had a very special way of saying them.
Happy mothers day to you too, you are the greatest Aunt on earth and you have such a special part in helping me raise my kids. I can't wait until you have kids of your own because I know you are going to be the most amazing Mom. Hopefully I can be as good of an Aunt to your kids as you are to mine! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the warm thoughts. I am very blessed. Dad and I each day just say how blessed we are and you have always given us so much joy!! I love you and CAN'T WAIT TIL FRIDAY!!!!
Love, Mom

Bill said...

This was a great post. I am afraid my bull riding days were past before I ever met a bull (bad back, I'm sure that was in the waiver) You are in a good place right now. Try to drink it all in!
Love, Dad