Sunday, June 15, 2008

To My Dad

So I have decided to not beat around the bush. Obviously Dad, you are not opening anything up from Hillary today. How do I know this? Because I have not sent it yet. I know, I know I am a horrible daughter. They say its the thought that counts, so I have decided to put that saying to the test. Here are a few things (in the food category) that I thought of while thinking about the things you love. Do I not deserve a few points for at least knowing what your favorite things are?


Sara Lee Pecan Coffee Cake. We have been eating this for as long as I can remember.

Apple Pie. When I think of happy moments in life I think of sitting at the kitchen table peeling apples with you and learning your method for a very delicious apple pie, which does include Mom's killer crust.


Black licorice. I know Mom wont kiss you when you eat this and none of us understand your love for it.



Cadbury Fruit and nut bar. This is your staple. The night before fathers day, "Mom, what should I get Dad for Fathers day?"
"Run to the store a pick up a Cadbury Fruit and Nut Bar."
Do you really even like them that much?


Caramel. Not much to say except that I know you are picky about what you consider good caramel.


Henry Wienhard's Root Beer. I think the men in our family feel more like men when they drink this.


Watermelon!!! Oh the knowledge I have learned from you about watermelon. How to pick the ripe ones, how to slice, the art and method to eating it, etc... Umm, I am starting to think you are OCD. I love that in the summer time I can always count on finishing my day eating a slice of watermelon with my dad.
Moms Strawberry Shortcake.


Mom's Key Lime Pie. Man Mom, you sure figured out the way to dads heart.

Bottom Line. Dad, I love and admire you greatly. So many happy moments in my life revolve around you. I know these things are just food, but I do feel like I know you pretty darn well. I am so thankful for all the little, and big things I have learned about life from you. We have so much fun together and that is something I do not take for granted. Thank you for being my Dad. I love you!

4 comments:

KEH said...

"My heart is just full right now..."

- Patrick P., age 24

Jenni said...

That was a fun fathers day blog. It was a good idea. When I saw what you were going to do I tried to think of the things Dad loves and I am pleased to say I thought of most of them before I looked. But There were a few I didn't think of.
It is amazing none of us are overweight with the way our family revolves around food!

Anonymous said...

Hillary,
I at least got to open a blog if not a card,(I also love cards, by the way) but that was a fun thing to do on Father's Day,I really appreciated it. I can't wait for watermelon season!
Love,Dad

Brad said...

Are you saving this until fathers day 2009!!! Come on Hillary, some people enjoy the hillarisms, your perspective on life with family and friends.

This is probably the worst way to communicate with you since you will probably never see this comment.