Monday, November 5, 2007

Weekend Fun

I had a wonderful weekend. I was able to get out of the city and see the sights a bit. Kristen Lawrence (Jefra Linn's friend who plays the organ) came here on business. She is also friends with Jordan and Jordan's friend Travis who lives out here. Anyway its a small world, blah blah blah. We took a train to a town called Terrytown near where she was staying. She picked us up at the train station with her rental car and we were free to roam. It was nice to be in a car again. Before I moved out here I was so excited to not have to worry about a car. It still is one less thing I have to worry about, but It would be so wonderful to have one on the weekends. So from there we drove to Lyndhurst castle. We took a tour of the inside and walked the grounds. It was cold and windy but so refreshing! We also drove through Sleepy Hollow, home of Washington Irving the writer of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. It was so beautiful. It reminded me of the England country side. Rolling hills and dry stacked stone walls. Oh yeah my hair is brown in the pictures because I dyed it.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Looks like fun, I am glad you got to get out of the city for a little bit. I love your hair. Thanks so much for these new posts, I love seeing what you are doing!